Saturday, October 23, 2004

I'm going to quit drinking.

Tonight is my last glass of wine. Starting tomorrow, I am going to win what has been a two year odyssey of stopping and starting and trying. I am using this blog to keep a journal of my efforts and to gain any wisdom from others on the journey who might care to comment here.

The reason I choose tomorrow and not today is wimpy but I think makes sense. I have to go to a dinner party where alcohol will be served. I don't believe I could be around alcohol on day one.

Tomorrow, I will attend an AA meeting in the morning. I'm not a big 12 step believer but the successful sober periods I have managed have been when I attended AA.

1 Comments:

Blogger R J Adams said...

Good for you, Redhead Gal. But remember, you don't need to believe in a God to have a Higher Power. You have your own Higher Power within yourself. Just believe in you. AA, and the twelve step programme, is the best way. Some meetings are better than others; shop around for the right one for you. My marriage broke up because my wife was alcoholic. She felt the same as you but she persevered, and even though we never got back together, AA supported her to stop drinking eventually. It can for you, too. I wish you the very best.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home