Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Day 3 and still sober

Had to fight some terrible cravings this evening that made me very antsy. The addictive voice kept suggesting that I should not quit until after January 1, when I quit for nearly 90 days last year. However, I know that would mean I would double my intake trying to get it all in as much drinking between now and then as I can. Don't want to do that anymore.

I muddled through the evening (Go Sox!) without caving in and by 9 PM or so, I felt pretty good and past it. I wish there was a way to stifle that addictive voice though. It keeps trying to make bargains with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger R J Adams said...

You’re doing Great, Redhead Gal. Well done!
I have no wish to be intrusive, and if ever you find my comments to be so, please tell me; I will understand. I read your posts each day, but usually just slip in and out without disturbing you.
I have not read ‘The Power of Now’ though I’m familiar with it. Two books I found a joy to read were “Living Magically” and “Stepping into the Magic” by Gill Edwards. She is a British writer and well qualified in her field. I mention them as possible alternatives, if “The Power of Now” proves hard going. They are available from Amazon.
I know about addictive voices. I turned mine into an ugly gremlin sat on my left shoulder. Whenever he whispered in my ear I used to smack him. Somehow, his ugliness made it easier to defeat him!
I admire your courage, Redhead Gal.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home