Thursday, October 28, 2004

white knuckle time

Day 5 was hard and I almost caved. I woke up feeling great and stayed that way until afternoon, when little niggling drinking thoughts kept popping into my mind. About how some wine would be great tonight, just one bottle you'll hardly have a hangover in the morning. I battled the voice with self talk, about how I really need to be sober, I can't do this to myself anymore, I've been enjoying not being hungover and want to continue. The voice turned to tomorrow night--Friday! You can drink on Fridays! How about just drinking on Fridays and Saturdays until New Year's and *then* you can quit for good. It'll be so much easier after the holidays anyway. I told the voice maybe and that quieted it long enough for me to get through a school event with my kids, cook dinner, and get to my computer. Now I don't crave and I *don't* want to drink tomorrow night either.

My husband just informed me that I'll have to drive home from a family party on Saturday night which means I cannot drink even if addictive voice wants to. (I don't drink and drive ever.) So I just have to get through tomorrow night. I plan to hit a meeting directly after work.
Although I may not like all that I hear, I can't deny that going to a meeting quells my urge to drink.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home