Thursday, April 14, 2005

Off on a Trip

I haven't filed those CCD registrations yet, but mostly that's because I'm going to Europe next week. My first time to Paris and I've wanted to go for years. (Lots of Catholic School french with the Sisters of Notre Dame). Anyway, trying to get us squared away for a week overseas and empty my plate at work so I can leave for a week doesn't leave much time to post or follow my regular blogs (which I will someday establish links to).

I decided that when I get back from Paris, I will start the Antabuse. I really need to get a date to commit to and I feared eating in Paris (I'm assuming liberal use of wine in cooking) if I'm on it. But I realize it's an out as well. I don't want to go to France and not drink wine; it's true. I guess that' s the part of me still struggling to be a normal drinker. So nothing I can say will negate the fact that I expect I will drink wine (funny, beer and hard liquor are not an issue at all--I could be in a room full and never touch it.) I could even say I'll try hard not to, but I know I won't . The saving grace is that I will be wanting to see the sights and not sit in cafes all day. I've always saved my real buzz for the night anyway.

Yuck, I hate all of this post. Anyway, it is my plan.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I can say is that you are always honest and thats a good thing...you don't hide from the truth like you so easily could do here....Honesty is not always easy.

I am glad that you've set a date though. I hope that you have a great vacation, which is so well deserved.

Look forward to your return, thanks for always stopping by :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Paris in the springtime? Damn girl. Is it ok if I'm a little jealous?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Have a great trip and let us know all about it!

5:36 AM  
Blogger R J Adams said...

Enjoy Paris, Redhead Gal. I will be there myself in early June. A truly wonderful city.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

How was your holiday? :-)

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home