Sunday, April 03, 2005

Answers are in the Name That Tune Post

I guess I like obscure folk singers looking over my list. No Duran Duran, Faith, but my husband saw them in concert on Friday night. He was disappointed, said it should have been called the "Pay the Mortgage" tour. Can't go back again, I guess.

Music and my addiction are intertwined, I'm afraid. I tend to listen to music when I drink--especially sad music. I think it lets me reach some sadness inside myself that I am afraid to reach when sober, or maybe I can't reach. Dunno...

I've got a prescription for Antabuse from my doctor. Been mostly staring at it; not sure I want to take it. I am extremely ambivalent at this point in the journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Oh, I'm the same with music, have spent many a pissed hour listening to sad stuff (especially Richard Thompson lol) Given your taste you might get a couple of my quiz, pop over? Good luck with the antabuse, at least youve made a step by seeing the doc. One I've yet to take!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Thanks for doing the quiz and you got more of mine right than I did of yours lol! Track 10 is a Richard & Linda Thompson song from years ago called 'Wall of Death'...I always think of it as my drinking song, listen to it and you'll know why! Track 13 is a folk song called Fotheringay by Fairport Convention, a very 'English' folk song, but it reduces me to tears. No 3 is a Jethro Tull song, Living in the Past. Ian Anderson started out as a folkie but I always loved them whatever they did. A lot of that pent up emotion I think. Try to listen to them both if you can, I think you'd like them.

Keep in touch?

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home