Thursday, March 10, 2005

wedding stuff

I'm too old for this. My sister is getting married rather late in life. She never was religious and she never was it seemed all that interested in getting married, even though she had many opportunities. Now she's in full out bridal mode at age 39. Dresses that are, um, a bit juvenile for the mature matron of honor, um, me the older sister. Getting religion all of a sudden so that poor fiancee has to go to confirmation classes.

Fortunately, I'm way too heavy for the dresses she shipped to me. We go out Saturday (weather willing) to shop for something more appropriate for the matron of honor whose been married umpteen years and has no stomach muscles left after bearing three 8.5 pound plus children in a five year period.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH the marriage thing...tell her dont do it..lol
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you. You are very kind and your words gave me peace and strength to keep going ;)

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Red-headed girl. I'm from MA, too, but I haven't lived there in 23 years. Were you born there? Now I'm in FL. It's hard to quit drinking when you live in MA. You might be Irish maybe? I've lived in Cohasset, Brockton, and Falmouth. Good luck - I found you through Faith. She's a sweetie. I'll be back.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home