Monday, February 14, 2005

Back in the saddle again

I'm back. I was struggling with whether to continue this blog or not for several reasons, not the least of which is I am still drinking. But also, because of the anonymity thing. It is very strange indeed that I am perfectly comfortable describing my life, my thoughts, my feelings etc. to people I don't know, but that the thought of anyone recognizing from my posts that it's actually me writing this blog terrifies me. Go figure. What does that say about my capacity for intimacy.

Anway I'm sober tonight. Thanks for checking in on me, Grace and Faith. I've been over to your blogs during my absence but haven't posted much.

Lately, I've had some physical stuff going on--surgery on my face (see! that's an identifier) plus some painful dental work. Skipped the tylenol with codeine only to medicate myself with copious amounts of wine.

Have been coming to grips with some career stuff, mostly along the lines of reconciling myself that I don't have much in common with my friends who don't work outside the home anymore. To the point that when I was out with them last week, I had nothing to say. And they didn't bother to ask me about my life. I actually went home early after only two drinks. (Now there's a miracle.) It was actually a sobriety booster in that I no longer feel the need to not quit drinking because I'll be missing girls' night out.

Anyway, that's all for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I've been worried about you.

Love,
Namenlosen Trinker

11:45 AM  
Blogger R J Adams said...

Welcome back, Redhead Gal.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said something really important in that post: "At least I'm sober tonight." I really believe that's all that matters; one day at a time is where it's at. And I know what you mean about the anonymity thing... I stuggle with that myself...

You are loved.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home