Wednesday, January 05, 2005

day 5

Better today but still dog-tired which is probably from detoxing and destressing from the holidays. Some stress at work, which is a new job for me. There's lots going on politically and I'm wondering if my manager is up to the task.

Drove to an AA meeting but chickened out from going in because it was in the parish house of my church (or the church my family is enrolled in anyway) and I know the people who live in the house next door. I need to get over the embarassment of this condition. Hey at least I'm doing something about it, right?

It was okay though because the act of driving there seemed to banish the cravings I was having, which seemed generally not as acute as last night. So I went home and enjoyed some time with my kids instead and hit my online recovery chat for awhile. Time to go to bed now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> It was okay though because the act of driving there seemed to banish
> the cravings I was having...

I told myself things like this many times in early sobriety; they were all lies. OK, don't go to that meeting, but find another meeting to actually go to.

(Just a suggestion.)
Namenlosen Trinker

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean Namenlosen Trinker.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home