Sunday, January 02, 2005

Another January 2

Well, I just gave this link out over at Lumbering Soul. Hello to Faith if you choose to visit!

I was thinking this morning that this is the third January I will be sober in as many years. I need to find a way to make it stick past January though.

Went to an AA meeting this morning. I like this Sunday one, it's not too religious. Could identify with some of the speakers in their thinking that booze helped to make them feel "not less than" or "good enough". I know that I've drank so I could fit in and be one of the crowd just about all my life. When I don't drink, I'm pretty introverted and tend to shy away from people except for extroverted people who approach me.

Had planned to take the Christmas tree down today, but after running a few errands, I said the hell with it and decided to go skating with my husband and 12 year old. The ice rink was crowded and I'm out of practice but we still had a good time. My sons were off at a friend's house so it was nice being just the three of us.

Now I've got stew simmering on the stove, a glass of seltzer nearby and I'm skipping around checking out the blogs I like to read. Maybe I should take down a few ornaments as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home