Tuesday, January 18, 2005

About me

Faith asked me to post a little about myself and I guess I will. Hello to Grace and Brian and thanks for reading.

Well, you already know I have a drinking problem.

I don't really want to think of that as defining me. Hmm what does? I think I'm very boring although I have a great sense of humor and seem to make people who know me laugh.

I'm 44, married, full time professional. Three children, a girl and two boys. My girl is in 6th grade, the boys 4th and 2d. I live in the suburbs south of Boston in one of those executive neighborhoods that look like Pleasant Valley Sunday only bigger. I'm from a blue collar family so I always have trouble believing I actually live here. I want to move to the beach as soon as my kids are out of high school, although I don't live far from the ocean now. I love the ocean and summer is my favorite season, although my fair skin doesn't like it too much. I've had basal cell cancer (the harmless kind).

I love to read, cook, garden (sort of an unimaginative list). I do yoga. I just bought a treadmill and I am vowing to lose weight. I used to be very skinny but the years have not been kind. (Well, I haven't been kind to myself.)

I am very concerned about anonymity, although what the heck am I blogging for then? I don't have a lot of time to maintain the blog so it's unlikely I'll post every day. But maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Hi there and thank you too for visiting my new blog too! I know what you mean about the annonimity thing, I'm terrified someone will identify me and my secret. What a coward I so wish I could be more honest wbout it. As Faith says, its not the whole us so who cares! My situation is almost identical, age, kids, career, apart from I'm single (again!). And Faith, if you call back, being professional doesnt give one the confidence you think it might and I think you have a whole lot more than me. Also, you're never too old to get the qualifications, I was 35 when I went to college. Go get it!!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know a little about you. It sure doesn't seemed like you are only defined by your drinking problem! I do know what you mean by that, though. It was one of the things I was terrified of. For me, it had to do with acceptance of it. I would never accuse a diabetic of being defined by their disease because they take insulin and watch their diet. So I don't accuse myself of it because I do what I need to do to stay sober.

It's always good to meet a fellow trudger! :)

Lyman

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home