Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A Good Day

Today, I was busy at work but it successfully so. I'm starting to become known around the company (which is a huge one) and people are coming to me for my help. Makes me feel competent.

Had an enormous craving and would have caved, when my husband said he'd had a bad day and wanted a martini. I said "well, then you will have to get me wine." Hoping he'd say no and hoping he'd say yes, if you know what I mean. He changed his mind about the martini; guess he wants me sober.

That was on the drive home from work, which is the hardest part of the day. I know if I can get safely in my front door without having stopped at a packie, I will not drink.

Stayed on my exercise and weight loss program (35 minutes on treadmill, weight watchers) and feel pretty darn good. Even had enough points left for a chocolate pudding with Cool whip for dessert. Oh yummy decadence!

Question: How does one add links to other blogs to one's own? I'd like to post links to the ones I follow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Hi there. I find its hard when you get caught off guard like your hubby wanting a drink. I go through the same mental torture. Shall I , shant I. Same happened to me yesterday. Went to a friends who I used to drink with. Was 2pm and she was drinking wine. I sort of hadnt expected it, but held out and took coffee. I think its trying to readjust to and be prepared for these situations.

I did my links with Blogroll. You set an account up here:
http://www.blogrolling.com. You add your links and it generates a line of code you need to add to your template code. You find this in your Blogger account under 'templates' in the settings bit. Sorry am not being very clear, someone may explain better. If you need anymore help let me know. You could always email me the code and I can send you back where to put it! Hope this helps!

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Makes me feel competent." That's one of my favorite feelings in the world. I also know that feeling of wanting to drink and not wanting to, and wanting to use someone elses behavior as an excuse for drinking. I know that, for me, I have gotten to that place where, whether someone else wants me to stay sober or not, I'm not going to drink. Thank God for the steps and the fellowship; they are the ones who got me to that place.

Here's the Blogger instructions on linking: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=62&topic=17 That would apply to links in posts. I second Grace's suggestion of using Blogrolling for a set of links to other blogs. It's a great service.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hoping he'd say no and hoping he'd say yes, if you know what I mean."

LOL, boy! do I know what you mean! I hope you get pretty quickly to the point where you're not tempting fate though.

Love,
Namenlosen Trinker

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home