Sunday, March 06, 2005

Catching My Breath

It's been so busy lately; I feel like I can't keep up with anything.

Today, we celebrated my youngest son's 8th birthday with a skating party. It turned out to be a blast.

I have to admit I felt guilty about everything nonetheless. The skating rink was way further from where we lived than I had anticipated (let my husband plan the location and well,...). Some kids couldn't skate very well. They ended up fine and got a little better as a result. But I still felt like we should have been somewhere easier.

My son had a great time and told me several times (spontaneously) that he had fun. And I'm glad and it's great. However, I'm glad we will soon be done with parties.

And I feel guilty because my kids get birthday parties every year. Until they are 10. I never did growing up but we've been sucked into this where we live. I wish it could go back to just cake and ice cream and pin the tail on the donkey. I feel guilty about the kids whose parents can't afford to do the party thing.

I feel guilty about a lot of stuff, actually.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great title for this post..sounds like thats just what you need to do, slow down and take a breath.

What I do know about kids is this, it doesnt matter what they do for their birthday, they are just happy to be with family, friends and getting presents..so dont feel guilty :)

I do the same for my kids and it leaves me tapped every year. I do it out of guilt probably too as I know I didnt have the kind of parties I throw for my kids and it seems I try to make up for my life by living through them....

Hope things calm down for you and have a great day :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home