Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Name That Tune!

Audience of One (Brian) was playing this game. And I'm totally game too. Try it. Name the tune these lyrics are from. (Some snippets of lyrics on the top 15 that came up on a few shuffles on my Ipod--admittedly, I discounted the tunes belonging to my husband and kids).

1. I'm gonna be your certain silver lining. I'm gonna be your lullabye at night. I'm gonna be your baby all right. Cheryl Wheeler--Silver Lining. If you don't know Cheryl, I highly recommend her.

2. All those sweet dark nights where the warm air sings. We could close our eyes stretching still golden wings. Waiting for the rain to cool us, feeling like a couple of foolish young things. Cheryl Wheeler again--Behind the Barn

3. Send the sunshine down my way whenever you call my name. I know what you mean to say to me, girl, it's all the same. James Taylor--Blossom

4. This morning, I shot six holes in my freezer. I think I got cabin fever. Somebody sound the alarm. Jimmy Buffet--Cabin Fever

5. Now you play the loving woman. I'll play the faithful man. Now just don't look too close into the palm of my hand. Bruce Springsteen--Brilliant Disguise

6. Explain all these controls. Can't sing but I got soul... U2--Elevation

7. We had a falling out like lovers often will. And to think of how she left that night it still brings me a chill. And though our separation, it pierced me to the heart. She still lives inside of me; we've never been apart. Bob Dylan--If You See Her

8. If I could hold you now, just for a moment if I could make you mine, just for a while turn back the hands of time. If I could only hold you now. Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge--Loving Arms

9. After all the foolish things you've put me through, I can always make a start on something new. And I'll always be a man who's open to persuasion. Richard Thompson--Persuasion (If you don't know Richard, you should. He's incredible.)

10. These times are so uncertain. There's a yearning undefined and people filled with rage. Don Henley--Heart of the Matter

11. I am beyond your peripheral vision so you might want to turn your head. Because someday you might find you are starving and eat all of the words you just said. Ani DiFranco--32 Flavors

12. Through my burning tears, I saw you walk away. And now you beg me to forgive you? This time, baby, is your turn to pay.... Bonnie Raitt--Ain't Nobody Home

13. Brings her flowers every day. And he phones her every night. Because she's his fancy, she's bound to love him too. And he's proved his feelings, he gets her all he needs. This boy can't understand, though he holds her in his arms, he won't whisper words of love. He thinks it's all right; love can come later.... Joan Armatrading--What A Woman Needs

14. Let me be weak, let me sleep and dream of sheep. Kate Bush--Dream of Sheep

15. He never did marry or see a B grade movie. He graded my performance and said he could see through me. I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind, got my paper, and I was free.
Indigo Girls--Closer To Fine

5 Comments:

Blogger Politically Homeless said...

#3- not sure but I think its something by James Taylor.
#4- "Boat Drinks" Jimmy Buffett
#6 "Elevation" by U2
#10- "Heart of the Matter" by Don Henley

A couple of others ring a bell but I can't get'em. I may come back and try again!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(I followed Brian...) Hi! :)

I'm ashamed, I only recognize Kate and the Indigo Girls! The first one though reminds me of that '80s tune, "Somebody's Baby" I think it's called. Oh, am I bad...

1:06 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

I dont know ANY of them and only knew ONE of Brians!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Ummm,
4. This morning, I shot six holes in my freezer. I think I got cabin fever. Somebody sound the alarm.

Sounds country to me. I don't know any of those songs!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home