Monday, March 14, 2005

Checking In

Had a lovely weekend all to myself as I sent my husband off skiing with the kids. I read and started the South Beach diet. I drank Pellegrino water and watched "Leaving Las Vegas". Very sad, depressing movie, but wonderfully acted. I visited my elderly parents, and got to go to my niece's school play unexpectedly. She attends the high school that I went to and it was in the same auditorium where my drama club productions were held. Same stage, same seats, more than 25 years later. It really brought back memories. Plus, the kids did an excellent job.

Have been on South Beach diet since Saturday. We'll see if I can stick to it better than I was doing with Weight Watchers. Have to do something to fit into hideous bridesmaid dress.

Oh, and my brother called tonight to tell me he and his wife are expecting a child in October. Their only child will just have started college at that time. Never thought they were having another and apparently they didn't either. But they are thrilled-it apparently had not been a choice of theirs to have only one child. (I never wanted to pry.)

I'm very psyched to have a new baby and new brother in law in the family in the same year. Maybe my sister will get pregnant right away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations girl a weekend of sobriety :) Good luck on the new diet, the new baby and you are well on your way to seeing all the miracles in you life :) YOU GO GIRL!!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

It sounds like a great weekend. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourself!

Congrats on the new niece/nephew!

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home