Saturday, September 15, 2007

trucking along here

I have been even spottier blogging than usual. For lots of reasons, not the least of which is Mick's fun rants.

I have started a treadmill program that is making me feel great. After my gallbladder surgery last month, I got on the treadmill for just a little bit every day. I'm doing a program called Weight Watchers Ultimate Walking Challenge and it gradually builds up week to week. I'm on week 5 and I have been religious about getting on the treadmill. I rent DVDs of TV shows I never saw (Desperate Housewives has been on tap lately) and do my time. I'm feeling great. Except for a head cold but that's passing.

I continue to work the program and life just gets better.

Today I am grateful for:

Many mornings without hangovers

A rainy Saturday to putter in the kitchen

The to-die-for chicken pot pie that I made

That I don't need to drink today

That tomorrow is Sunday (one more day left in the weekend)

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Congratulations on your commitment to exercise and getting healthy, RG! Remember, you can always delete comments you'd rather not have on your blog.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tabitha.Montgomery said...

hey Red..We all have our own pace in blogging..you stick to what feels right for you .Each of your post adds to our online community and I am grateful you are sober and sharing..speaking of which..
Mind sharing the chicken pot pie recipe ?
My blog is open agian for business!
:O)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy Lynne said...

Should I be upset that I am not considered an "agent for satan":) Maybe that is one of my yets. Yeah, I just delete him now though I wish there were a way to block him. He's a sick man.
Anyway, glad to hear you are keepin' on. I got 3 months on 9/11 and am feeling good. Take care.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

It rocks - each day I have a choice if I take a drink, or not.

I fancy some of your pot pie, please? :-)

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you doing?

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home