Saturday, June 16, 2007

I am not a good blogger, I'm afraid....

It's been weeks since my last post. Not sure what I've been doing other than life. Good news is that I have NOT been drinking. I am approaching ten months sober this week (the date of which is also my birthday so I will have something to celebrate). I continue to go to meetings. I get down on my knees and pray every morning and I pray at night (although I hope my HP forgives me that sometimes those night time prayers come from under the covers).

My gratitude list today:

For many mornings without a hangover

For my Aunt Charlotte who was laid to rest today

For the family gathering we had after the service to celebrate Father's Day, Mom's 84th birthday, my brother's birthday, and my birthday. It's a tradition and there won't be many more that we will get together with my parents. They are both failing.

For old family pictures that we looked through today

For my Mom's Italian sausage and peppers and my sister in law's strawberry shortcake made with local fresh strawberries...YUM!


*************WOW**************

I served as an inspiration to someone? I am truly grateful for that. Thank you, Kathy.

Please stop by and welcome Kathy to the Blogosphere.

http://gospodipomiluj.blogspot.com

(If this link doesn't work, navigate it through the comment from kathym.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it appears that life is happening and so you could not blog. It's all good, you are living life and being present for your family.

Wow 10 months, I am so excited for you.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Cheryl Wheeler fan! I just found your blog and I love it. Just wanted to say I've been sober quite a few 24-hours, and whenever I hit a busy patch and life gets in the way of my blogging (often! often! often!), I try to remember to say a prayer of gratitude to HP (whom I think of as my sidekick, Alice) that I'm busy instead of drunk!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Maui said...

I'm back! Go see.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Kathy Lynne said...

Hi Red Headed Girl. My name is Kathy and last Monday was my first day of sobriety. I called in sick to work and instead of wallowing in my misery or going back to bed I surfed the web for information on alcoholism and support. By chance I happened upon your blog and read just about all your posts, (it helped alleviate my guilt for not going to work because I felt I was learning something:) I found so many similarities and life issues that I could relate to particularly the starting and stopping and the frustration with restarting. You inspired me to start my own blog to journal my own journey. So Redheaded Girl you are indeed a good blogger no matter how often you post. I am now finishing up my first week of sobriety and I am very appreciative of you in particular and also to the other blogs you led me to. Lots of inspiration. So Thank you so much and congratulations on your 10 months!

8:06 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Yes. Congrats on the 10 months. Who'd of thunk it?

Your HP is always glad to hear from you; you get to choose the location from where you speak. There should never be any guilt just because you have been told to do life a certain way. It's your life!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Kathy Lynne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, too. My mom's recovery was not a miracle but more of an accident. Had I not found her, she would have died. Because she was in the ICU for a month and then a nursing home for 2 months and because of the severe memory impairement she now suffers requiring assisted living, she doesn't remember to drink nor does she have access to alcohol. The miracle for her is the fact that a game of bridge (in addition to the medications she takes) caused some synapses in her brain to fire off and while she still has no short term memory, the apathy that came along with the WKS was alleviated allowing her to be happy. To me it is sad because she gave up a life with 6 grandchildren and the means to enjoy them for alcohol and will now live her life playing bingo and bridge.

For me, knowing what the end will be like and facing it every day has helped me wake up, (although it took 4 years to drink through the anger to do it). Searching for resources and support has kept me sober to date. I think the program outlined at smartreovery.org may be the right one for me.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Just stopping by to say Hi.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Nael C. Robes said...

Summer is busy and it's easy to run out of time. Congrats on your 10 months.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home