Saturday, April 28, 2007

Catching up from vacation



I've been back from vacation a week and haven't had time to catch up. Saw plenty of elk in the Canadian Rockies, although the ones I saw had no antlers. It was a great trip and I'm proud to say that despite some temptations, I had my 8 month anniversary out there. There were a number of partying types on the trip with us and in the old days, I would have been in the middle of that. I stayed away and enjoyed the skiing, shopping, and eating. Too much eating, I'm afraid.

Today I am grateful for:

Many hangover free mornings

Waking up sober from drinking dreams and feeling quite relieved

That while I didn't make a meeting while I was in Canada, there were meetings available to me

That spring is finally here in New England

Daffodils and forsythia are blooming like crazy

Walking my crazy dog in the woods

9 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Congratulations on 8 months! That's terrific!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Congrats on 8 months! It sounds like a great vacation. And yes I too am enjoying spring in my end of New England

5:59 AM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

I am so proud of you!!! That is HUGE, going on vacation, surrounded by partyin' types, and withstanding the tempation. Plus, you went to meetings while you were there!!! You're my new hero, girlfriend! ((hugs))

9:57 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

8 months? Rock and roll!

(((HUG)))

I like walking in woods. I don't have a dog though. :(

Waking from drinking dreams still leaves me **gasping**

have linked you [thought I had before but obviously not - me bad]

2:52 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Congrats on 8 months!!! And thanks for your supportive comments!!! It really means alot. Spring has sprung in my little corner of the Northeast too, and wishing I wasnt at work today to enjoy it a little!!

~kel

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

8 Months!!!!! Wow that went by fast!

How great~

Sounds like a beautiful trip to Canada. One day I would love to take my son. He would LOVE it.

To answer the question of the weight loss ~ South Beach Diet ~ staying in phase 1 or my way is phase 1.5

8:06 AM  
Blogger tkdjunkie said...

Beautiful gratitude list -- thanks for sharing :)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is GREAT 2 c u back. Wow 8 months, that was fast -- I am sure at times it did not feel that way :)

Congrats on your jourey so far, it is something to be celebrated . . . the life of yoU!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Congratulations on 8 months! Outstanding achievement, especially on a skiing trip! You rock!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home