Saturday, March 03, 2007

Am I getting addicted to meetings?

I am beginning to wonder about this. I've been going to a lot (for me, anyway) and I feel just great after I attend one. Tonight, I could have stayed home--wasn't feeling particularly like I needed one and had been to one last night, but I had the opportunity and so I went. Met up with my sponsor there and haven't seen her in a bit so it was nice to see her. I felt so darn good after I left the meeting. Better than any drink could make me feel.

I had kind of a hard week, with a lot of family shit going down. Caring for my elderly parents has everyone kind of edge. My siblings and I are also not very good at being able to ask for help when we need it. (I'm learning, though!) The result was that my brother and his wife were doing a lot of sniping behind the backs of the rest, feeling resentful that the rest of us were not doing as much for my parents as they were. (They live closest to my parents and their only child is grown.) It ended up with hard feelings all around and I was an emotional mess during the week. I did pick up that 1000 pound phone and talked to an AA friend, however, and that helped when the drink urge hit. I also got the aforesaid meetings.

Today I am grateful for:

Many months of hangover free mornings

The beautiful moon that was setting at 5:30 AM this morning when I drove my son to the meeting place for his school ski trip.

For meetings and my sponsor and the other people I have met through AA

For being greeted with hugs at a meeting

For my beautiful children

For raspberry sweet cream ice cream I had today after my other son's team won their basketball game

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hangover free mornings are great, aren't they?

1:10 AM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Hey, whats a hangover.

2:14 AM  
Blogger ArahMan7 said...

raspberry sweet cream ice cream?

Yum. Yum. Yummy!

12:25 PM  
Blogger JennaM said...

Where can I get some of that ice cream???

9:55 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I think that going to meetings when we feel good and when we think we don't need one is when we are really open-minded to the things we hear.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home