Saturday, January 20, 2007

Five Months Today

I hate to say it's my personal best after trying for four years, but there you have it. I feel great. I do not want to drink again, although that Little Bastard whispers to me sometimes, like today, when he thought I should celebrate five months sober with a glass of wine. LB is not the brightest star in the constellation, is he?
LB can't fool me because I know that there is no such thing as a single glass for me. I want gallons if I have any at all. I never want to feel another hangover again. So to celebrate, I am going on my first commitment of the group I belong to. I'm hoping they won't call on me to speak, however; I've never done that and not sure what I would say.

Today I am grateful for:

Five months of waking up without a hangover

A little quiver of joy when I realize I don't ever have to feel hungover again

That my children are healthy and happy

That we are having meatloaf and mashed potatos for dinner tonight (comfort food!)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY SHIT!!!! I am so proud of you..You go girl. It has been great sharing all these moments with you and simply wonderful to watch you succeed :)

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - how sweet is that!
Five months, almost half way through a year :)

I know we are supposed to take things one day at a time...
But I still can't wait until I can say "six months sober!" or "one year sober!"
But I need to make it one month first… sigh…

God bless you – keep it going.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

If you say what you just wrote, that would be called "carrying the message" girl! You sound grateful, humble and happy. Congrats!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh! As they say in America - you're the Dude! (At least, I think that's what they say).

3:24 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

GREAT! CONGRATS!!
Lemme have some of that meatloaf, please.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post Redhead Gal !!
I hear you embracing the best things in life and it all starts with that beautiful new found sobriety of yours.Keep sharing:)

9:47 PM  
Blogger 60006 said...

5 months sounds like a dream to me, I'm so proud of you. thank you for the hope.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

LOL daave..
Good job chica! woohooo keep on keeping on

12:19 PM  
Blogger Scott M. Frey said...

big ole sober huge to you Red! Congrats... Don't feel too bad, it took my wife several years to get her first sober year. The thing is, that she kept coming back, and it saved her butt... So, keep comin back!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I am a little belate in my congrats on your 5 months!!!
5 months and comfort food -- doesn't get much better than that, does it?
You are awesome!
Peace,
Scout

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent....
I stumbled upon your blog. I started one myself about a month now. It is good to be clean and sober......
5 months is 'top shelf'

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home