Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas friends

I am typing this as I wait for my kids to fall asleep so we can finish wrapping presents and stuff the stocking. I'm very tired from having been up at 2 AM the last two nights in a row--last night with a child who didn't feel well and the night before when my drunk husband rolled in. I can't wait for this holiday season to be over.

Nonetheless, I do want to take a moment and wish all of you who read this a Merry Christmas.
This is my first sober Christmas and I am able to make it in part because of the support I get here.
It hasn't been easy the last few days. I've been going to meetings and picking up the phones and reading emails from my online support group. But I'm going to be okay and stay sober.

Tonight I am grateful for:

Unlike last year, I was not puking in the butcher shop parking lot when I went to pick up my roast today.

My 9 year old is still really excited about Christmas.

For a nice gathering of my family last night

For the ability to step back and take a deep breath when I want to strangle my husband

For Christmas colored M&Ms

For all my blogger buddies

8 Comments:

Blogger An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hey, (its just another day and all that,) but MC to you Redhead!
Have a good one..

6:34 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Merry xmas. Now I found you again...lol...

x

7:33 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I hope it all went well.
Sounds like you're handling everything as well as can be expected.
Happy Holidays!!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Redhead Gal, and a really happy 2007. You deserve it.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Sober Christmas. I am grateful you are sober this year. Let's continue to walk in this path together :)

1:00 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

and a Happy New Year

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Red...here's wishing you a sober and serene New Years Eve and a Healthy & Happy New years!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Happy Sober New Year!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home