Thursday, November 30, 2006

This was a first...

I chaired my first meeting tonight. It was a woman's meeting and a reading group (Living Sober). It was easy enough but it was weird to be asked.

There was a woman who was new to the group who was on her fifth day of sobriety. She was the last to share and expressed a lot of amazement over how much she got out of the meeting. I made a point of speaking with her after; I think we actually have a fair bit in common. I think she will return.

Today I am grateful for:

living sober today

people beginning to know me in the halls

feeling comfortable enough to reach out to a newcomer myself

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg Moran said...

Good job reaching out...it is always so weird at first for me, and then it gets easier. You are on a good strong bridge now baby!!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paths crossed and it is not of any coincidence. An opportunity for spiritual growth was established and you accepted.

You walked thru many fears, I really enjoy reading about this. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

A big smile came across my face as I read this post.

7:00 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I'm grateful you chaired the meeting.
JJ

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Red,
I hope you are keeping warm thoughts in your heart as the season is before us,I know you have alot ,like all of us,to be grateful for.Thanks for sharing:)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home