Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my blogger buds. Today, I think, might have been my first sober Thanksgiving, but maybe last year was. I can't really remember. I know I was trying to stay sober last year at this time. Anyway, I am sober today and that is what counts.

Today I am grateful for:

1. waking up hangover free this AM
2. getting to meetings three days in a row this week and all of them were good
3. a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with my family and my Dad at his place at the head of the table looking fit and healthy, if a bit thin.
4. the fun I had playing with my little thirteen month old niece..she is a cutie
5. a really fun music video/trivia game that we played after dinner
6. that I was not the drunk aunt at this gathering this year

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I am excited to hear that your family is experiencing you sober this time of year.

Muah!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Enjoy the day by counting your sober blessings!! Way to go!!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cha..sober holidays rule..!
Great post Red..
Thanks for sharing`

4:32 PM  
Blogger R J Adams said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving, Redhead Gal. I've been busy moving my blog, so am only now catching up on my blogging pals.

10:28 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I think you may have been sober a year ago. The important thing is that you are now.

Here's the link to last year.

http://whataride.blogspot.com/2005_11_01_whataride_archive.html

7:27 AM  
Blogger Dharma Kelleher said...

I've learned that while there may often be conflicts and drama between family members at Thanksgiving (at least in my family), I am grateful not to be one of the ones involved in the drama. I just get to sit back and watch the show!

Peace,
Dharmashanti

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home