Sunday, November 12, 2006

uh oh I counted wrong

Yesterday was 12 weeks, not last week. Well time flies when you are having fun. In some ways it is a good thing that I am losing count of my sober days because it means I am growing comfortably sober. Sorry about the confusion though.

I went to my Sunday meeting today. I have not been getting to meetings and I felt the lack this morning. Especially since last night I was out to dinner with some friends and everyone was drinking but me. It really is rather boring to be around people who are getting a buzz on and my husband was on a bit of a tear. At least he let me drive. He and another couple we know all got kind of loud and slurry. Then he invited everyone (there were six of us) back to our house when all I really wanted to do was go to bed.

He ended up in the yard around the firepit with one of the guys, who was going to walk home several miles by himself, drunk. I heard this guy leaving and ended up getting out of bed (I'd gone to bed by then) and driving him home. I had fears of him getting hit by a car or having a heart attack or something on the way home.

Then the drunken husband kept me up for another hour while he snored.

Drinking sucks.

But I am grateful for some things and here they are:

12 weeks and a day sober (really this time)

a pre-Thanksgiving turkey day dinner that I cooked tonight and everyone liked (I don't get to cook on Thanksgiving)

at least I got to take a nap this afternoon

8 Comments:

Blogger Dharma Kelleher said...

I remember those days. It gets better. Sending you lots of prayers and positive, healing energy. You are worth loving!

Namaste,
Dharmashanti

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow woman I just want to encourage you to keep maintaining your sobriety. That was a lot that happened this weekend. You did some great service not only by remaining sober but by being of service to someone else.

12:10 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

The thing I pick up on in this post is your lack of meetings. It really needs to just become a habit, especially if you're going to be around drinking people at times.
Whether it's one meeting a week or seven meetings a week, it's An Experience You Must Not Miss!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm pulling for you! Congrats on 12 weeks.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Counting wrong is how we ened up with our son (-: Congrats! You are an inspiration!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this is a good read today Red.
Thanks for sharing..

1:13 PM  
Blogger JennaM said...

Wow, good for you. I would have blown my stack over the lost sleep... you're tough, lady.

Wishing you all good things and a lovely Thanksgiving.

JennaM

6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you are sober and congrats on the 12 weeks. Keep it comin ~

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home