Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm still around

Life has been kind of normal lately and I haven't had much to post.

Today I did ask Karen to be my sponsor and she agreed, although she told me she had been a lousy sponsee herself. My guess is that will be true for me. It felt like I was asking someone to the prom; I felt kind of stupid.

Anyway, we agreed I would call her every day around 5 PM to check in. This is a start anyway.

What else should I expect from a sponsor, folks?

Today I am grateful for:

Many mornings without a hangover and many days without a drinking urge

That Karen readily agreed to sponsor me

That my Dad is home from the hospital today and seems to be better

That my brothers and sister who live closer to my parents than I do are so supportive of them and don't seem to hold anything against me

That we finally have a diagnosis for some of my son's issues (sensory processing disorder) and can hopefully give him the help he needs to overcome some delays he's experienced

For blackberry chocolate chip ice cream

For candles, football games, fireplaces and chinese food.

8 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Your last grateful sounds so nice to me.
JJ

6:52 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Yes, good list

5:56 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I am glad your dad is getting better.
As for the sponsor, that is a good topic for the 2 of you to talk about. :)

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog!

I think your sponsor is there for you to "pick their spirit" instead of picking their brain. :)

T.K.
My blog: http://www.sobertoday.org

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to be clean, it is good to be sober.....
Thanks for your blog

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Shannon -- something to talk with her about -- your expectations of a sponsor and what she can actually give you. A good starting place.
I do feel the need to say though, that, PRIMARILY, a sponsor is a guide through the 12 Steps. She should be working them, living them to the best of her ability, and helping you to do the same.
Peace,
Scout

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy blackberry chocolate chip ice cream please ?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

any friend of ice cream is a friend of mine

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home