Sunday, May 20, 2007

9 Months Today


Can't hardly believe it but it is 9 months today since I put the plugin the
jug.

I also got the results of some physical tests that I had done and have found out
the my liver is healthy. Turns out the pain that I've had in my side for years
was my gallbladder, not my liver. And all that time I was convinced it was my
drinking destroying my liver. And I was too full of fear to get it checked out while I was drinking.

Knowing that my liver is healthy is a cause for gratitude, not a reason to think
I can drink safely. I was lucky. Many are not.

The gall bladder will come out this fall and I'll be pleased to get rid of the
pain finally. Although it has served as a reminder for 9 months (however
incorrectly) of why I don't drink any more. After all, it COULD have been my
liver.

Today I am grateful for:

9 months of hangover free mornings

Some deep questions from my middle school aged son

For the weather clearing up beautifully late this afternoon so I could walk by dog down at the beach

A day of healthy eating (so far)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COngratulations to 9 months for you. I bet you feel great mentally, I know physically you are in pain and I pray for a speedy recovery on that once it is out. ou have worked incredibly hard and have been an inspiration to me over the last 3 years of blogging. You are determined, honest and wonderful...oh and sober too..lol. :) CONGRATS!!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say congratulations to you on 9 mos! I have just over 9 years and I can remember when I had 9 mos. You are truly on the road of recovery if you have gratitude. I can relate to enjoying waking up clear headed and hangover free mornings. It is a great feeling. I used to have bad stomach pains when I drank and it was not fun. I am so glad to be free from the pain, shame and hangovers. Keep up the good life - One day at a time!

Recovery Dude
www.RecoveryTalk.org

11:34 PM  
Blogger Dharma Kelleher said...

That is awesome!!! I am so glad that you are healing in so many ways!

Peace,
Dharmashanti

8:17 AM  
Blogger gracieland said...

Congratulations on 9 consecutive months of sobriety. You are lighting the way for others to follow in your path.

-Gracie
www.SunlightOfTheSpirit.com
www.SoberCafePodcast.com

8:24 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

That is just so awesome! Thank you for sharing your recovery, it really helps me.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Redhead Gal. You're an inspiration to yourself and others.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Hiya

I've been away so only just seen this -

9 months! Groovy. Well done, you.

{{{HUG}}}

1:01 PM  
Blogger Nael C. Robes said...

Yeah nine months. And a healthy body. Thanks for visiting my blog.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Congratulations! Nine months is a HUGE deal!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 9 1/2!
Awesome!
Peace,
Scout

10:13 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

hey! congratulations!!! 9 months, wow. you're doing good. an i'm glad the liver's okay!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow what a gift to see that you have come this far. It is inspiring, and I remember the beginning days of your journey. Congrats to you. Wow!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Just stopping by to see how you're doing.

:-)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home