Friday, May 11, 2007

Ouch

I am having a week full of fear, totally out of proportion to an oversight I made at work a couple of years that came to light. It really points up how full of doubt, fear, and insecurity I am, especially when it comes to my job. I have zero confidence in my skills, despite the outward trappings of success. I am always afraid--and I mean bone crushingly afraid, I couldn't get out of bed on Wednesday--of the "truth" being found out. Yup, I'm nuts.

I'm tired of living like this and I've really been trying to use the program to help. I am praying to my higher power, asking for help. I'm trying to keep it in the day. I've gone to meetings and reached out and received really wonderful support. The best I felt all week in fact, was at my meetings. I also finally made an appointment with a therapist to start getting to the bottom of this crap. I could easily have drank to drown these feelings this week which would have been my past MO.

Today I am grateful for:

No hangover this AM, yesterday AM and for many AMs before that

My Wednesday night women's meeting--God bless them all, they are the best

For the warm weather we've been having

That my husband is happy with his long longed for new boat

For fettucine with gorgonzola, asparagus and toasted walnuts (leftovers for lunch today)

6 Comments:

Blogger Pammie said...

It's hard when we are doing all the right things, and STILL feel bad. I think its wonderful that you are taking the action you are. That truly is what will save your butt.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Are you the only person in the world who's perfect? Of course not. No-one is. Stop beating yourself up for not being perfect.

You're doing great, Redhead Gal.

7:04 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Your great and fear we all have. I always remember that it will soon pass. That seems to help.

1:04 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Good that you will talk it out with a professional. That can be a huge help. Completion and practice of the 12 steps can also help take care of these matters -- ie: cleaning up our side of the street.
Hang in there.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

You didn't drink; good.

Let go. Let God. etc.

(((HUG)))

2:15 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I am glad that you are taking action.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home