Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Moving right along here

Things have been okay for me lately and seem to be rolling along pretty smoothly. At least on an emotional level. My siblings are fighting over the care of my elderly parents. I am not involved in the fight but I understand I drew a few zingers nonetheless. My job is still a source of anxiety for me and negative feelings about myself. But somehow, it is all rolling off my shoulders today. I have been practicing staying in the moment and doing what's in front of me. And I believe it will all work out with the help of my HP.

Today I am grateful for:

months and months of hangover free mornings (11 months on Friday!)

that I became teachable through AA

that I've been getting up at 5:30 AM to get a walk in before work, as well as a swim in the pool afterwards

that I lost 3.5 pounds since I started doing it

that I don't crave alcohol every day like I used to

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Lynne said...

Lucky?? for me my brothers just left the care of my mom to me. Good your staying out of it. Glad to hear from you. I've got to figure out the exercise thing. I know it will make me feel better. I was under the illusion that by stopping the alcohol intake the pounds would just fall off. Didn't factor in the coffee chocolate almond fudge swirl ice cream that would be so delicious now.

11 months soon! Wow! You know you're my hero:)

5:14 AM  
Blogger An Irish Friend of Bill said...

hi there Ms Redhead!
good work with the exercise! good for you!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Hi Red Head Girl,
11 months is fantastic, soon it will be your birthday then.
I still find it difficult to get up early but I am finding that living in the now is much more difficult than I first thought but very rewarding.
They say round our way that AA rubs off on us despite ourselves, I never, never thought it could work on me, I was really convinced I had taken it too far.
They only drinking I do now is in my very vivid dreams, I have just posted a couple of them.

4:46 PM  
Blogger An Irish Friend of Bill said...

hi there. saw what you said about your step 4 in kathys blog. if you fancy a copy of some step 4 notes to have a look at or try to get started I can send you some if you like. dont know if it will make much sense! whatever. its up to you. Its no problem whatsover if you dont fancy it. have a nice weekend!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Hi Again,
Thanks for your comments, I often wonder if there are any alcoholics that did not suffer deppresion?
Like they say we are all unique and on our own path

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sober Steve said...

thanks for sharing your great list. thanks for stopping by.

peace
Hugs and kisses
Steve

7:58 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

hey! i enjoyed reading your blog! and a belated HAPPY 11 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Holy COW, you are 11 months today. That is FRICEKN awesome!!!!!!

PS
It is Friday :)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home