Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wednesday

Today, I am really really grateful to have a pool. I wish I had central air as well! We are having a heat wave in the Boston area. Can't complain though since I swore I wouldn't after the hellish winter we experienced. And we never had spring.

This weekend, my sister is getting married. I am in the bridal party, so I will be at the rehearsal dinner and of course the wedding and the reception. I'm a little fearful of whether I will enjoy myself or not. I have always loved weddings-- I love to dance and have a good time. I wonder if the wedding will be as much fun without drinking? I've had people who have asked me whether I'm really not going to drink at the wedding, like they can't fathom anyone's doing that.

I'm trying to keep my focus on everything but the drinking. My sister's joy, the food, seeing family members I never see except at weddings and funerals. How good it will be that I won't be in an impatient hurry to get to the bar during the formal pictures. How good it will be to wake up the next day and not be hungover.

My kids are also going to be at the wedding. They are pretty excited about it although they don't want to have to dress up. They were unhappy when I laid down the law on the clothing. lol

5 Comments:

Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Enjoy that wedding and have a splash in the pool for me! :)

11:37 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I believe that I can GUARANTEE that you will have the best wedding experience you've ever had. You will feel free to enjoy, rather than a slave to drink.

4:20 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

I will not complain about the heat. I will not complain about the heat. No central A/C for me - no pool either. I just keep picturing all that snow. I know you will enjoy the wedding. Having your kids there is a plus.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Just don't dwelve on it so much that you are setting yourself up for a slip!
You have two choices...you can go and enjoy yourself and drink soda.....or you can go and be miserable watching everyone drink and feel left out!
(Notice drinking was not a choice!)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl...

Glad to see that you are still doing so well. Hope that you had a great time at the wedding, cant wait to hear all about it...P.S. ITS HOT TODAY :(

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home