Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sober is better

I came to the realization today that sober really is better. I feel better physically, I'm happier (probably because I'm not negating my anti-depressants anymore in a booze bath) and generally I feel good. The cravings have pretty much abated, even the twinges. Of course, the addictive self likes to whisper that perhaps I'm not REALLY an alcoholic after all then. I tell him it doesn't matter because not drinking is just generally very good for me.

I also celebrated my birthday this week, my first sober one (a belly button birthday). That was pretty cool, not poisoning myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sober is soooooooo much better! I love it.
Peace,
JJ

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree sober is better..you sound so good. Keep going girl :)

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home