Tuesday, May 31, 2005

30 days --where's my chip?

Day 30 here. I'm tempted to go to an AA meeting just to get my chip but I don't know where any chip meeting is on Tuesdays.

I haven't returned to AA meetings yet. The antabuse is working so well, plus my email support lists and recovery blogs, that I haven't felt the need to add meetings yet. I hate leaving home at night to go to them. I will if things looks slippery though.

Made it through the holiday weekend okay. I did have more cravings and drinking thoughts than I've been having. Partly due to associations--finish gardening, pour a drink kind of thing.
It didn't help that we had people over for dinner. A couple of the guests got a buzz on and when you don't have one going yourself it can be a bit of a drag. I'd rather not entertain like this but my husband wants to. We did owe a few social invites and for the most part I don't think anyone even realized I wasn't drinking until my 10 year old piped up that "mom can't drink alcohol anymore" when I was putting a carafe of seltzer on the table. They were pretty much concentrating on getting their own buzz going.

I got a huge amount of gardening done this weekend and also took in the new Star Wars movie with the kids. The movie is way serious. I loved the humor of the original Star Wars myself but then I'm an old lady, what can I say. The kids loved it.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WUHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo proud of you :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Congratulations!! I'd advise getting to a meeting. I had about 30 days when I discovered AA meetings. They were weird at first then I started liking the hugs I got. You need the one on one fellowship support 'specially if hubby wants to entertain with booze. I find that really rude with you having only 30 days. Be careful! Email me or call me if you need support. Ask Faith, I am there if ya need me!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

30 days looks really good on you! Just remember that meeting makers make it.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Congratulations on 30 days. Wonderful!

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG! Keep up the good work. Peace - JJ

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog. I'm in the early stages of recovery and am having a really hard time today. Reading some of your posts has helped me enormously.

Congratualtions on 30 days

3:38 PM  
Blogger Grateful said...

30 days. One day at a time. Congratulations! I hope you'll consider going to meetings soon. Sometimes we don't realize how 'slippery' it was until we fell.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 30 days! When I am with drinkers, I drink club soda with a lime and they don't even notice.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Congrats on 30 days! :)

11:34 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Way to go!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Great news, so very well done! I hope I can get that far one day soon! Youve given me hope :-)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Good job, now go to a meeting

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found gardening really helps me keep my head on straight. Not sure exactly what it is about it, but is sure feels like good therapy to me.

And I agree with your thoughts on the Star Wars movie. The first one was so much fun; this one was just too serious.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home