Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Three months (92 days)

This is a record for me in the several years I've been trying to quit.

The wisdom I've picked up in this journey? Fundamentally, not drinking--making the commitment to not drink and following through and doing whatever it takes to stay that way--is the key to it all, the only steps that anyone needs.. Maybe whatever it takes to stay that way is a belief in a higher power and the 12 steps, or antabuse, or nothing much, like some people that I've encountered who have just put down the jug and never looked back and never did anything in terms of maintaining sobriety. The supporting tools may be different across many people.

I do like chips, however, and wish I had a meeting to go to so I could get my 90 day chip!

10 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Way to go my friend on 92 days! I'll take you to a meeting anytime you want. Where do you live...California?.....lol.
Peace and Love,
JJ

6:22 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Congrats on the 92 days.

I have to comment on my experience on the matters you raise. From the AA point of view only, that's all I have to go by. I hear many people who relapse and then come back into AA say the same things you say. They thought they didn't need the steps or a higher power in their life. Eventually, for them, they realized that they could not do it their way. So they return to keep trying.

In my case I must have a Higher Power to stay sober and the Steps to learn how to live sober. It's the only reaosn I am alive today.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Ahhh what an accomplishment!
Good for you. Send me your address and I'll send you a 90 day chip. my email is p.brett@verizon.net

11:27 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

YeeHaw! That is awesome news.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

So very well done, I bet you feel just great! Yipee!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

That is simply awesome. Congratulations!

10:39 PM  
Blogger E said...

How wonderful! You are doing so great!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger ~A~ said...

~ Remember the euphoria of today ~

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work. Like Phyllis, I'd also be happy to send you a 90-day coin. Click here to send me an e-mail.

Namenlosen Trinker

3:03 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Great milestone! May you have many more happy days of sobriety. :)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home