Friday, November 25, 2005

I'm here, I'm sober

Phyllis' post prompted me to check in. I'm here, I'm sober and I've even been to a few AA meetings because the holidays are a vulnerable time.

I just stopped blogging because I felt a tad vulnerable on the anonymity thing.

I still don't want to do steps and get a sponsor although I am reading the Big Book again. I wish there were a secular organization as widespread as AA. I'd go to face to face meetings all the time then.

Or maybe not. I prefer online support.

Anyway thanks to those who checked in and I'll try to post more often.

4 Comments:

Blogger R J Adams said...

Good to hear from you again, Redhead Gal. Your comments on AA puzzle me. In Britain, where I attended Al-Anon, AA was very secular - in the sense that whatever 'Higher Power' you chose was up to you. It could be the kitchen table for all anyone else cared, and there was no push towards being 'religious'. But then, I have discovered that Britain is a far more secular nation than America, so perhaps that has something to do with it.
Always rooting for you, Redhead Gal.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Good to hear from you too and that youre doing well. I know what you mean re the anonymity thing, you sort of get sucked into revealing more than you want at times. Keep well :-)

6:21 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Good to see you posting. I had considered removing your link, only because I thought you had left us. Fortunately, the steps of AA have taught me to have more patience, something I never had before.

On an upcoming post, maybe you can explain what you mean by "secular" in this regard and what fears you have about working the steps. You might really be able to help another person who is struggling.

Thanks and great to see you back.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I am glad you are sober and posting. How about group of drunks or good orderly direction for God?

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home