Thursday, December 08, 2005

Philosopher's comment

It's crap like that comment that really turns me and others off to AA. My pride stinks. Where's the pride problem? My not believing in a God that can make me stop drinking is pride? Also, I take issue with the notion that my thinking made me an alcoholic. Drinking to excess made me an alcoholic and not drinking is what will arrest the problem.

Crikey, I hate the "I've found God and it's the only way" baloney.

Take a hike, P. Fundamentalism is repulsive, not attractive, to AA.

2 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

I wish you the best of luck as you search and hopefully find your own path.
AA DOES work for some of us, just as other programs work for others. But most alcoholics find that they need some help or assistance of some type in order to stop drinking for any meaningful length of time.
Just like you don't want to be condemned for your beliefs, others should not be condemned for their beliefs and methods.

Again, best of luck and keep us informed on what's happening.
Thanks.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

There are so many paths to a faith that works. I think we are too full of ego to say there is but only one way. Keep searching you will find your path.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home