Friday, March 24, 2006

Fried--day

I am exhausted; hence, the name of this post. I wish I could say I look forward to a restful weekend but my family is going skiing with another family, which will be anything but. Plus, the parents are drinkers and so I will have to endure the three of them (them and my husband) partying it up. I won't drink. I will excuse myself and go to bed early.

Gratitude list:

Waking up without a hangover. Will always be at the top of my list.

Morning coffee.

Audiobooks for long car rides

Black raspberry ice cream with chocolate chips

Deep sleep

Email from old friends

Email from new friends (including people who leave comments here)

For Fridays

5 Comments:

Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Luv your title to your blog today. Very catchy.

Keep the gift of sobriety close to your heart this weekend. I totally understand waking up the next morning and being grateful for that sober night. That is one of many great feelings.

hAAppy fridAAy!

3:00 PM  
Blogger R J Adams said...

You missed one thing off your gratitude list, Redhead Gal, - Strength.

You're displaying an awful lot of it lately.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I'm sorry you have to go through the drinking part this weekend. It's also too bad your husband drinks in front of you, knowing the struggle you have been through. But....it is your decision to be sober, and you can do it! You will have a much better quality of life if you stay sober. You know my email, if you need to chat!
Good luck this weekend, and have a blast!

8:22 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Take your Big Book.

9:21 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I am grateful for you!
I hope the weekend turned out ok.
I see you,
JJ

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home