Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday Monday

I am grateful today for another weekend sober. It truly gets easier as time goes by to stay away from the jug.

I didn't accomplish much this weekend but I did visit my parents who live about an hour away from me. They are both in their 80s and Dad was hospitalized last week for an infected toe. The doctor was worried about blood clots, rightly so as it turned out. Dad didn't bother to shave while he was in and I was bit taken back by how old he looks when he doesn't shave. He shaved while I was there and it took a decade off of him at least.

I love my parents and I am going to miss them when they pass. We had a nice visit yesterday, catching up on some stuff. My brother showed up too with his new baby daughter so it was fun seeing the generations gather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home