Friday, June 02, 2006

90 day chip time

I can't decide whether time is flying or just the opposite. But it's 90 days since I had a drink. I felt a little less committed recently (I posted about it.) However, I am back on track. I think 90 days is my nemesis. It seems around 90 days that I've always relapsed before. Not this time, I say.

Gratitude list:

For 90 days of waking up without a hangover

For the red rhododendrons and purple alliums blooming in my yard

For the rabbit that has started visiting my yard occasionally (even if he's munching some of the plants--we've never had rabbits before)

For the ability to face career challenges without fear

For this delicious morning coffee I'm sipping, hangover free (hey, I'm doubly grateful to be hangover free!!)

For the people who comment on my blog

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

90 Day Chip Time sounds like a good
day!Thats gotta feel great!Congrats'

Your list says so much about your true character Red:)
Keep enjoying that coffee hangover free while watching your new visitors munch up your backyard:)

This is an awesome post!!!
Thanks for sharing ~

10:43 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

A Big Ole Congrats!!! 90 days of continuous sobriety is a big accomplishment.

1:41 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Very good. Well done.
Get that chip and cherish it. Write to us about the comments you get at that meeting.
Shake well, then do it all over again.

4:46 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

WTG on 90 days!
I see you,
JJ

7:19 AM  
Blogger 3point0 said...

Congratulations! I understand what you mean about the milestones sometimes becoming our nemesis, so don't let yourself listen to any irrational voices. Good job and keep it up!

5:19 PM  
Blogger JennaM said...

New to your blog, and just read it from "cover to cover." I'm struck by your candor and even moreso by your determination.

Best of luck to you, and congratulations on your recent milestone.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congratulations, I am so proud of you. I have been so wrapped up in my life, I have missed blogging world. I have managed to get a few posts in lately though.

You sound great

April

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you are doing well!
have a great weekend:)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mary Christine said...

90 days is a long freaking time without a drink. Congratulations and keep at it.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Congratulations on 90 days!!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home