Friday, April 14, 2006

not just Good Friday but Great Friday!

A bit blasphemic, but it's always a great Friday when I have the day off and the whole week off afterwards, plus I'm going to the Carribean--yee ha!

It has been a busy week and I've been hard pressed to read everybody's blog, let alone post on my own.

I have no concerns about not drinking on this vacation. My addictive self has made some complaints about no booze in paradise but I've been reminding him (my addictive voice is a guy, go figure) that there is no true relaxation in a bottle and Jimmy Buffett probably doesn't even drink anymore himself. Plus, I have kept on the Antabuse and will be back home before it is safe to drink again. (Trust in God, but row like hell...)

My gratitude list:

waking up every day since my last post without a hangover

that I get to go to the Carribean and take vacations with my family

for the spring peepers and their annual evening chorus heralding spring

for the beautiful full moon last night

for the Red Sox and April baseball

for the pedicure I am going to get today

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Where are you going? I live in the Caribbean. I'll email you...assuming that the email you used in my weboste is valid. If you are coming to where I am, I can help you with meetings.

10:07 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Have a great trip.
Try not to think that's it's "safe to drink again."

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this..
"for the spring peepers and their annual evening chorus heralding spring"

I hope you make the most of your vacation Sober woohoo!
Just think, you can wake up in the morning and feel like you are actually on vacation instead of feeling hungover and grumpy.

Best wishes for a fab time..
I wanna hear all about it when you get back !

8:20 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

LOL. I cracked up learning the sex of your addictive voice.

Yes, I totally understand that time can be an interupting when reading all the recovery blogs. It is a commitment in its own.

Super saweeet you get some time off. Have a wonderful time. Happy Easter!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Hey....it is NEVER going to be safe to drink again!
Ahhhh, I'm getting a pedicure on Thursday! I love it when they dip the feet in the wax.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi just stopping by to remind you not to forget to post about your trip...or anything else..hope all is well for ya!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

It's Friday. Hope you are doing well.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home