Monday, April 03, 2006

30 day chip

today is 30 days for me. I'm happy to (once again) reach this milestone. I'm a little troubled that I haven't been forthcoming about my length of sober time with my online recovery group. They know I drank during the holidays but I haven't let on that it lasted well past that. It's just hard to face that failure yet again. But I wanted to let someone know anyway so you guys are it.

Today I am grateful for:

waking up without a hangover

sleeping until 10:45 on Saturday morning--eek!

new spring clothes that are pretty stylish even if larger than I'd like

the opening of my favorite summer restaurant

fried scallops

friends who don't even notice that I didn't order a drink

my sister's 40th birthday party and no temptation to drink whatsoever

my little 5 month old niece who really seems to like me

that there's an extra bed in the house for when my husband's snoring keeps me awake

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As my kids say, "Woooohoooo!"

Congratulations!

8:34 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Way to go on 30 days!
JJ

12:59 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Big Ole hAAppy 30. That is so AWESOME!!! You show so much courage as you continue to walk through these bumps and holes in your path.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

This is great news!!!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((Happy 30 Days Red head Gal!))

I am so glad you are sharing this with us because it shows courage!

Try not be afraid to admitt any slip ups or temptations.
We will still support your sobriety because we have all been there in one way shape or form :)

Great to have met you , be back soon.Thanks again for sharing~

6:51 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Congrats on the 30 days!!
I like to hear stories about people slipping and coming back to tell us that it still isn't working out there! I truly admire someone that can be honest about their sobriety and tell us what is going on in their lives. That is what AA is all about. If everyone quit drinking and never went back out then I do believe the halls would be totally empty with lack of interest. Like they say "keep coming back...it works if you work it"!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Good job on your 30 days!

5:11 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I am VERY HAPPY about the 30 days, no matter how many times you've done it before.
Dont' hold back on the honesty. Especially regarding slipping. Thre's no shame in "doing what we do." They MAY WELL be some shame in having to admit it much later.
As they say, "We're only as sick as our secrets."

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Red
I just wanted to stop by to say Hi and wish you a healthy and happy weekend!I will come by again next week sometime :)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, its next week and still no current post.I hope you are doing okay Red!!! Wishing you a happy
Easter / long weekend :)

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home