Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ratting out my addictive voice

My addictive voice was pretty vocal today, thinking about my upcoming vacation in two weeks, as well as a fundraiser I need to attend next week. It's trying to convince me to stop taking Antabuse (I take Antabuse on the "pray for help, but row like hell" theory of recovery) and let myself drink for those events. So I'm ratting it out here.

I know I'm supposed to take things one day at a time but the little bastard likes to look ahead to possible mischief. In any event, I'm going to keep taking the damn pill at least until after the vacation.

Today I am grateful for:

another morning without a hangover

some interesting things to do at work

the vegetarian meal I made tonight and the brownie I followed it up with

my husband taking my thirteen year old shopping for clothes tonight

the beautiful weather we had in MA today

that tomorrow's Friday

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Be careful.
I see you,
JJ

2:00 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

You really want to quit drinking? Then do whatever it takes to get there! If you have to take antabuse forever, then so be it!
You are doing good!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Redhead,
I agree with Alexis, just get it all out , like an emotional vomit if you will.Charming I know, but sometimes it gets tougher before it gets easier.Try to be there for yourself...And kick some ass!
Take care, thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for sharing in yours..Be back soon.Tab

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home