Thursday, May 25, 2006

what's up?

Not much. Except that I cut back on the Antabuse and have been having more drinking thoughts of the "summer's here, a little rum punch is in order" type. I hate that addictive self, always looking for an opening. It's nice that I am able to remind it that I had a lovely time without alcohol in the Caribbean, thank you very much, so there's no reason to poison myself just because summer is here. Summer will be far more enjoyable without falling into the alcohol trap again. Anyway, I decided to take the Antabuse twice a week to keep me on the straight and narrow just in case.

Today I am grateful for:

waking up hangover free

my garden and the new planters I had built into my deck, now filled to the brim with gorgeous annuals

some sunny weather (thank goodness!)

feta cheese, chicken, and roasted red peppers (yummy dinner last night)

for the upcoming long weekend

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound great Red..no matter how tempting the thought, remember that rum is toxic!!!!! I love that you shared about your planters, I can just imagine how lovely they must look...I should post a picture of my full of weed and godknows what garden..lol..you would think Oscar the grouch planted it! lol
Maybe I should work on that..
Thanks for sharing,stay strong :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

that's all good.
as you cut down on the Antabuse, remember to play that tape all the way through when you have thoughts of drinking.

8:21 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I am grateful you posted.
I see you,
JJ

8:53 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Popped in from Phils, have a grand weekend and breath in the freedom you have found!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home