Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Not very talkative lately

Just posting to say Hi. I don't have a lot going on except rain, rain, rain and more rain. I've been feeling kind of flat and sleepy for a week and I think it has something to do with the weather. I've also been thinking the Antabuse isn't sitting right with me. I'm feeling kind of queasy and dizzy on and off. So I'm thinking I will cut back to one or two pills a week.

I'm not sure that I need the Antabuse much anymore. When a drinking thought enters my mind, I'm surprised how quickly I reject it. It's like some corner has been turned. However, it's still not much time since my last drink--not even 90 days--although not early in my recovery (been on this journey well over six years). So I don't want to get complacent and think I won't drink ever again because my addictive self is a sneaky little bastard.

Today I'm grateful for:

waking up without a hangover

my garden getting nice and green from all the rain (hey, I'm trying to look on the bright side here)

morning coffee...sometimes I start looking forward to it at bedtime

a wonderful mother's day with mom and my siblings and extended family

my 9 year old son who was the first to wish me happy mother's day and couldn't wait until Sunday to give me his home made card. He gave it to me on Saturday.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our little ones make life so much more precious don't they? :)
I hope you are feeling better soon
could be the meds and or the rain.
talk to your doc if you get concerned..at least you are trying to look at the bright side of things!glad to see a new post:)
thanks for sharing~

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! Some times its just too hard to wait until the right day when they've worked so hard on a present for you! Your gratitude is wonderful to see!

1:58 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

GREAT stuff!!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Hi!

7:47 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

I hear you with the rain!
I see you,
JJ

9:05 AM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Love your remark about morning coffee! Good coffee is NOT a luxury; it's an absolute necessity, especially in the A.M.!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Sometimes saying minimal is jsut enough.

Home-made cards are the best. He must have worked extra hard to make it extra special for you.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Well I still get the urges after 18 years and 11 months! I just don't let it be an option to drink any more.
I haven't posted since Monday. Just not much to say.
Sweet about your 9 year old!
Real sweet!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Oh! are you wearing perfume? Sometimes the alcohol in perfumes or other cosmetics cause a reaction to antabuse.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Serenity2008 said...

Hello,
This is my 7th day sober. Just started Antabuse last evening. Was wondering about the perfumes and lotions? Can any of you advice me please. Am in the depressed stage of grieving. I guess.
I am grateful that I found this blog and that all of you are on this Journey to Recovery.
Thank you,

9:13 AM  
Blogger Serenity2008 said...

Hello,
This is my 7th day sober. I started Antabuse last evening. Would you advice me regarding lotions and perfumes with alcohol content please?
I am grateful that I found this blog and all of you on your journey to Recovery. Thank you.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home