Sunday, June 11, 2006

what's that big yellow thing in the sky?

That's how I felt when I awoke this AM and saw the sun...finally! It's been nothing but rain here lately.

I shouldn't be surprised because summer really doesn't start in New England until Fourth of July anyway.

Got outside and went for a walk, watched my daughter's softball game, and puttered in the garden for a bit. Went into the hot tub for a while too, but the pool was too cold with all the rain water.

Today I am grateful for:

Waking up on a sunny morning without a hangover

For the Sunday AM online chat that my recovery group holds

My beautiful garden getting ready to burst into bloom with peonies and lilies and meadow sage

Hot fudge sundae for dessert at the local ice cream parlor

The folks who post on my blog

Memories of my Cape Cod summers (provoked by dAAve's question about summer jobs)

8 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

MMMMMMMM......ice cream.
I see you,
JJ

9:19 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

I am sending you some of our sunshine here in S. CA. In June we have lots of overcast days, usually ending by 2:00 pm. We call this month June Gloom. I am grateful too when the sun decides to make an appearance! :)

Softball game, how exciting!

12:11 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

That hot fudge sundae sounds REALLY good.
Thanks for stopping by.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot fudge sundaes..cha!
My little bear and I did some gardening over the weekend too..
he is totally stoked we planted pumpkins!We love Jack-O-Lanterns!
(and pumkin pie of course)
Always good to wake up with out a hangover!Keep on keeping on :)
Thanks for sharing ~

7:34 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Isnt nice to wake you with out a hangover

2:42 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Hope you are doing well.

Keep coming back!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you ?????????

11:05 AM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Stopping by to check in on you and to wish you a happy Independence Day!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home