Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday day 6

I went to a meeting tonight and I'm really glad I did, although I think my parish priest spotted me. But I don't care anymore; I'm sick of keeping secrets.

The meeting was good but even better was meeting one of the members, a woman about my age, who lives in my town and whose kids go to school where mine go. I often have a problem relating to people at meetings, but this woman I chatted with for 20 minutes afterwards. She's someone I would like to go for coffee with I think.

Thanks for all the responses on sponsors. So what do you DO with a sponsor? Do you have to talk to them every day? How do you work the steps with one?

Today I am grateful for:

a hangover free morning

meeting Jane at the meeting

a day off from work

Starbucks caramel macchiato

getting a copy of 12 Steps and 12 Traditions from the raffle winner who didn't need it

all the people who responded to my questions

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you too Redhead Gal :)

Thanks for being you
and Thanks for sharing~

10:22 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Is that like a mexican coffee. lol
I always hated getting up feeling that way, but is always would start the process again.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Well lookie here!! Glad to see you back and going to meetings! A sponsor is someone you can call anytime and tell anything to! Be honest and do what she says. Do not get a man to sponsor you. Someone you can trust. I can send you step one via email if you'd like. I have a big workbook that is really thorough!
p.brett@verizon.net

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY, Im so glad you made it to a meeting and Im happy you got the step book :) It's a sign of good things to come.

So tell me about the pitfalls of being a lawyer...please :)

keep going girl :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Just get a sponsor.
He/She will guide you through the process.
That's what a sponsor does.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made a connection with someone. That is a great place to start.

Hugs~
Gwen

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here to wish you a good week!!!!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Hi beautiful, I hope you have a good weekend. Keep on trudjing with us!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Yep, sponsorship is critcal

6:34 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hi Redhead Gal! Find a woman who has what you want and ask if she'll be your sponsor. If she's not available, ask someone else. Do not give up. She'll explain what's required of you (regular phone calls, weekly get togethers, etc.) and most importantly TAKE YOU THROUGH THE STEPS. Aim high. Best of luck!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home