Sunday, September 24, 2006

checking in

It doesn't pay to be late. I went to my regular Sunday meeting today and was too late to get my 30 day chip! Well, I got it after the meeting actually but I admit, I wanted the applause for staying sober especially after the last couple of weeks. LOL. Is this what they mean by ego?

Today is actually day 36 and you can bet I'll be on time for my 60 day chip...

My Dad has improved somewhat. He is still in ICU but they performed a tracheotomy and he is supposed to be able to talk again in a few days. He has life in his eyes which he didn't before and I sense that he is improving.

Today I'm grateful for:

My Dad's improvement

All the supportive comments I've got on the blog

All the support I've received from friends and co-workers during his illness

36 hangover free days

The beautiful weather we had in MA today

7 Comments:

Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

I'm so happy to hear that your Dad is improving!! Keep praying, and we will, too!

And 36 DAYS!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I'm so proud of you, Redhead Gal!!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jen R. said...

Congratulations! It is SO hard that first month...it is such a momentous event. My sponsor told me that she used to go to the biggest meeting in town just to get to stand at the podium and get applause. We all have ego:)

10:15 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I am so sorry you missed your chip. But, I am glad that you are here

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated applause ~ clapclapclapclapping ;)

Congrats on your 30 - 36 !!!!!!

I am happy to hear your father is improving. Keep the prayers up.

G~

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are keeping up with your postings Red.Keep strong and find that little piece of serenity you need everyday!..(chip or no chip!)
Thanks for sharing~

7:49 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

36 days! A miracle! I'm happy you are here. You can do this!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home